Nut and seed butter is a delicious and pistachio nutritious butter made from various nuts such as walnut kernels, almonds, hazelnuts, and pistachios, used as a breakfast or nutritious snack or in confectionery. You may have heard the name of this food or tasted it before. This mixture is one of the most delicious butter that has a lot of nutritional value.
Table of Contents
What is Nut Seed Butter?
Nut and seed butter is a delicious and nutritious butter made from various nuts such as walnut kernels, almonds, hazelnuts, and pistachios, used as a breakfast or nutritious snack or in confectionery. You may have heard the name of this food or tasted it before. This mixture is one of the most delicious butter that has a lot of nutritional value.
Nut and seed butter is made by grinding nuts, which have a soft, pasty texture and are made solely from the kernel and are free of salt, sugar, flour, oil, and preservatives. It is rich in monounsaturated fats. These beneficial fats help lower harmful cholesterol levels and regulate blood sugar and insulin levels. It is a good source of various vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help strengthen the immune system and improve the functioning of the body’s organs.
The protein and fiber in Nut and seed butter keep your belly full and your body energy levels even. Due to the lack of preservatives, it is better to keep the Nut and seed butter in the refrigerator. You can put it outside for longer than a week, but after that, you have to put it in the refrigerator. Fifteen minutes before use, take it out of the refrigerator to reach room temperature and enjoy its soft texture.
How to make Nut and seed butter
- Saltless walnut kernel 50 g
- Saltless pistachio kernels 50 grams
- Saltless peanut kernels 50 grams
- Saltless almond kernels 50 grams
- Saltless cashew nuts 50 grams
- Saltless hazelnut kernel 50 g
- Honey 1-2 teaspoons
- Favorite vegetable oil 2 tsp
- Salt 1-4-3 / 4 teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit (179 degrees Celsius).
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on the oven tray so that they do not stack on top of each other.
- Place the tray in your oven and wait 3 minutes for the nuts to roast.
- Stir in the nuts and allow another 3 to 5 minutes for the nuts to turn light brown and smell like nuts. Nuts burn very quickly, so be careful.
- Instead of an oven, you can do the above steps on the stove: Put the nuts in a suitable pan and put the pan on medium heat. Stir the nuts regularly until they turn golden and have a smell.
- Pour the roasted nuts into the food bowl. Turn on the food processor for 2 minutes and then wipe the powder of the nuts stuck to the edges of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the oil to the food processor and turn on the machine for another 2-3 minutes until the dough is smooth and even.
- Add some salt and honey to the food processor and turn on the appliance again to mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Stir the ingredients until the butter thickens and reaches the right texture.
- If you want to make a nut and seed butter crunchy so that the large nuts will be felt by the tooth, chop 1/6 of the roasted nut mixture in a food processor to form very fine grains. Then set them aside, and when the butter is ready, add it and stir.
Benefits of Nut and seed butter
Prevention of heart disease
When your blood vessels become clogged with unsaturated fats, you are suffering from heart disease. It can also cause a stroke, heart attack, or irregular heartbeat (a condition called arrhythmia). Nut and seed butter is helpful for your heart.
Rich in magnesium
Magnesium is a good substance for your nerves, muscles, bones, blood sugar, blood pressure, and even your genetic material or DNA. Nuts such as peanuts, almonds, cashews, and the butter made from them, are abundant in magnesium.
Contains a lot of antioxidants
Nut and seed butter contain minerals such as selenium and manganese, vitamins C and E, flavonoids, phenols, polyphenols, and other substances. They act as a group to protect your cells. People who eat more nuts and peanut butter have healthier hearts than others. They can even help protect against bowel cancer.
Contains essential vitamins and minerals
It’s not just healthy proteins, fiber, and fats in the nuts that are good for you. Nuts are also high in nutrients such as vitamins E and B6, folic acid, niacin, magnesium, zinc, copper, and potassium. Just look at the ingredients on the food package you buy. Some companies add salt, sugar, preservatives, and unhealthy fats that can do more harm to the body.